Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Copy and Design (Creative Director), Creative Services within the Global Brand Marketing team, the Copy Writing Manager is responsible for the development of content for healthcare provider (HCP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) audiences, through the use of compelling writing, supported by clinical evidence and market research.
- Proactive, positive attitude is a must. We welcome healthy discussion and debate, and put good ideas ahead of egos
- Lead or collaborate on a variety of content development for HCP and DTC audiences which may include endocrinologists, diabetes educators, primary care physicians, pharmacists, people living with diabetes, etc.
- Strategically utilize and apply approved product claims within approved matrices to most effectively position our products and have the ability to research topics with a journalistic eye for detail and accuracy, and synthesize complex information.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Our copywriters are able to put their heads down and produce awesome work without constant supervision.
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills. Attention to small details in both copy decks and designs won’t just save headaches; it’s extremely important.
- Collaborate with internal teams to remain current on new clinical studies to apply compelling clinical evidence within marketing materials to align with corporate objectives.
- Play an ongoing role in the development of our brand voice and advocate for consistent application of copy standards across experiences and platforms. Ability to internalize a brand’s voice and apply to copy outputs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing leadership, product management, regulatory affairs, clinical affairs, legal and other departments as appropriate to develop strategies and manage the HCP and DTC marketing projects and initiatives that drive demand for our products.
- Experience with copywriting for an FDA-regulated product strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator) and EndNote.
- Ability to create, edit, and publish content within a CMS (Content Management System).
- 5-7 years marketing and/or experience in medical device, life sciences, or healthcare marketing or product management role.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Familiar and efficient working within a project/resource management tool (Asana).
- Experience in regulated industries and knowledge of writing within regulatory constraints highly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A