In this role as our Director of Software Engineering, you will lead the strategy definition and product development for a set of web services and developer toolkits that will nurture a vibrant Dexcom CGM ecosystem that in turn transforms patient chronic disease management through innovative digital solutions.
- Lead portfolio vision, architecture, and engineering for Dexcom’s API Platform.
- Serve as the portfolio owner to drive agile development of innovative partner solutions and partner platform capabilities
- Establish the portfolio vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Demonstrate the value proposition of products and capabilities and evangelize the API transformation agenda across the organization
- Lead the development of a strategic framework for stakeholders, to govern alignment to Dexcom business goals, technical requirements definition, legal agreements, support and platform levels of service, etc.
- Establish SLA standards for partners, which are operationalized and supported with a partnering engineering capacity.
- Lead delivery of next generation external API Platform – Developer portal, REST/OAuth/JSON APIs and mobile/server SDKs and Sandbox
- Develop, prioritize, and execute a portfolio product roadmap with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and leadership
- Build and lead a passionate and intelligent engineering team to design and create industry-leading SDKs and developer tools
- Drive the development and cultivation of third-party platform partner relationships to identify product development and innovation opportunities
- Deep experience with RESTful APIs
- Skilled at writing business cases that meet market and strategic company objectives
- Excellent communication skills, at the engineering/software quality/design level, as well as with executives and clients
- 7+ years product management experience in a successful SaaS organization and has led one or more product teams in an agile philosophy
- Proficient in defining requirements, writing epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria within the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Deep experience with web technologies, cloud, and mobile
- Able to easily transition between high-level strategy and day-to-day implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: Ability to communicate to all levels of the business including stakeholders across the organization
- 4+ years of software product management experience, preferably with experience building and managing APIs
- Competent with offerings in the “Identity as a Service” space from players like Okta, Auth0 or Google Firebase Authentication
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions based on data and other factors
- Demonstrated delivery of new products and features working with an agile/scrum team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A