Improve EHS workplace performance by promoting a positive safety culture and implementing safety and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards.
- Assists in the development of controlled documents and training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, material handling, emergency response, and life safety, may be the point of contact for emergency personnel. Develop specialized education and training materials.
- Coordinates and conducts worksite inspections and audits.
- Provides expertise on safety risk management, statistics and trends.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations, fire and safety codes, engineering safety standards and environmental quality regulations.
- Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses and risk assessments. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to mitigate workplace incidents and injuries.
- Review, investigate and implement action plans for work-related injuries, illnesses, accidents and safety concerns
- Coordinates and participates in committees and attends meetings related to employee safety, manufacturing process safety, fire safety, as well as property loss or damage.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- In depth knowledge of EHS laws, standards, codes and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- 3-5 years EHS experience in manufacturing setting.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing, laboratory and material handling safety
- Proven capabilities/competencies in training, EPA/OSHA compliance, emergency response, and program implementation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A