To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Support diversity, equality, and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage pre-litigation and litigation disputes related to employment matters, including preparing litigation holds and document gathering.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, to provide strategic, business-oriented employment law guidance across multiple jurisdictions.
- Develop, update, and implement employment policies (including hiring practices, performance management, employee relations, internal investigations, terminations, leaves of absence, accommodations, compensation, and benefits) to ensure best practices and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage and provide advice related to Works Council matters
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to generate, update, and implement training on HR and employment law topics.
- Partner closely with Human Resources and business partners to provide day to day counseling, evaluate legal risks and provide subject matter knowledge on a broad range of labor and employment issues, including recruiting and hiring, training, employee management, complex leaves of absences, and HR best practices.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in employment law across a variety of EMEA jurisdictions, including advising on work council matters.
- Specialized knowledge in France, Spain, and/or Germany employment law with a desire to develop knowledge across the region.
- Ability to manage outside counsel relationships.
- Commitment to teamwork, integrity, and collegiality.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage and supervise company business constituencies.
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of projects.
- Fluent in English.
- A fully qualified lawyer in a relevant European jurisdiction.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lithuania
Application Deadline: N/A