This position will join Dexcom’s sensor research and development organization, where they will be responsible for overseeing all enzymatic technology. Their influence will span the entire product catalog (through continuous improvement and regulatory response) as well as playing a key role in Advanced Technology and New Markets programs.
- Provide technical justifications and documented responses to internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory bodies and suppliers.
- Analyze experimental data, make conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
- Suggest and implement continuous improvements to formulations of on-market products, within the confines of applicable regulations.
- Determine and maintain a list of process and product requirements to ensure sustained performance of enzymes and associated materials.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all issues pertaining to Glucose Oxidase and other enzymes of interest to Dexcom.
- Balance technical sustaining of existing products while developing robust technology for future product launches.
- Critically assess new and existing suppliers of enzymes to ensure a sustained supply of product to customers.
- Develop and maintain optimal formulation designs against product requirements such as pot life, shelf life, and processability.
- Draft and edit formal documents related to formulations and application procedures.
- Adept at data analysis methods and analysis software, strong analytical and experimental skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and personal interaction skills.
- Experience designing formulations to meet product and process requirements.
- Professional experience working in a Regulated environment, with Medical Device or Bioengineering preferred.
- Specific experience with the handling of enzymes or other bio-active products, with glucose detection strongly preferred.
- Experience with formulation development, particularly sensitive formulations requiring controlled handling/dispensing/coating.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A