As a member of the R&D Advanced Research & Technology (ART) Electromechanical Test Development Team you will support the evaluation of new technologies through testing, modeling, analysis, prototyping, and experimentation.
- Provide design recommendations while also acknowledging potential tradeoffs of solutions
- Improve and/or optimize existing test equipment, fixtures, and methods
- Analyze experimental data to build statistically sound models and develop conclusions
- Build and evaluate prototypes
- Design, fabricate, document, and troubleshoot new test fixtures and equipment
- Design, setup, plan, and perform electrical, mechanical, or related experiments in the lab
- Generate and execute test protocols leveraging statistical best practices, documenting the results
- Support development of new or improved test methods simulating actual product use conditions
- Familiarity with control systems (actuators, pneumatics, sensors, etc.)
- High Proficiency with statistical analysis (DOE, Gauge R&R, ANOVA, Power and Sample Size).
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with image processing techniques
- Familiarity with FEA tools (Abaqus preferred)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things.
- Comfortable working hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable managing several parallel activities
- High Proficiency with engineering software tools for CAD (SolidWorks required)
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with DMAIC problem solving techniques
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A