Website Department of Higher Education and Training - DHET
To put systems in place and implement them towards effective, efficient, and integrated registration of students including dedicated support for students with disabilities. To strategically lead and manage teaching and learning, assessments, and examinations towards the achievement of improved students’ performance including initiatives to develop students’ entrepreneurship programmes
- To fulfil the role of an Accounting Officer by establishing and monitoring college financial and supply chain management systems, implementing infrastructure maintenance and college connectivity projects towards improved service delivery.
- To establish and monitor effective human capital management and stakeholder engagement systems incorporating both marketing, communication, ICT, delegated HR functions and other responsibilities.
- To drive for the efficient and effective implementation of college governance frameworks, and systems and ensure the proper functioning of governance structures.
- To build and foster an effective management team that plans and executes the college mandate in an integrated, compliant, and performance-focused manner.
- To create a platform for effective management decisionmaking through the establishment of an accurate and accessible information management platform.
- To lead the development and delivery of responsive curricula and programmes and monitor the associated quality assurance programme and impact on student performance and placement.
- To operationalise business partnerships and linkages that translate into student placements, workplace-based learning, and articulation
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification (NQF Level 7) in Education, with at least five (5) years’ experience in the Post-School Education and Training (PSET) sector and a minimum of five (5) years in middle management level in the PSET sector.
- A post-graduate qualification in Education and/or relevant industry expertise at the management level will serve as an added advantage.
- Extensive experience in PSET institutional or academic management is essential plus experience in three or more of the following: institutional governance, financial management, corporate services management, and a track record in the planning, implementation and management of strategic, annual performance and operational plans.
- An ideal candidate should have sound knowledge of the sector regulatory and legislative framework, computer literacy, knowledge of the public sector and the following capabilities: strategic and leadership, client orientation and customer focus, financial management
Company: Department of Higher Education and Training – DHET
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A