Website Department of Higher Education and Training - DHET
This will include but is not limited to: Ensure and manage the compilation of scheduled colleges to be visited per province for monitoring at least 9 times a year. Manage appointments and reporting by external monitors
- Scheduling and conducting of monitoring the conduct of examinations and site visits to public and registered private colleges
- Manage, supervise, plan, train, and evaluate staff in the monitoring unit. Must be able to travel and train officials on the conduct and policy prescripts of examinations in colleges at least twice a year.
- Design and Develop registration, State of readiness and monitoring tools.
- Collating and writing of national conduct of examinations reports, letters, and submissions relevant to monitoring and State of Readiness examinations.
- Oversee registration of Examination Centers and keep an updated database
- Create and maintain an efficient filling and tracking system for sub directorate, Statistics – Compile weekly/Monthly operational statistics and reports.
- Manage applications for concessions as per policy directive.
- Liaison with regions and DHET officials regarding registration, monitoring and conduct of State of Readiness and examination centres.
- Manage performance of staff/human resources.
- The candidate must also possess part of qualification courses in Strategic Public Human Resource Management at a higher level since the post is a managerial post.
- Must possess a sound knowledge of developments of training and monitoring of national examinations.
- The incumbent must be adaptable, disciplined, self-confident, able to work independently, willing to work overtime, willing to travel and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Good writing, interpersonal and communication skills including the compilation of national reports.
- Good training and communication skills. Research and coordination skills
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree/national diploma in Public Management/Education or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the conducting monitoring and administration of examination and assessment in TVET colleges with at least three (3) supervisory experience.
Company: Department of Higher Education and Training – DHET
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A