Website Department of Higher Education and Training - DHET
To provide Local Area Network and Desktop support services: Creating a user account on desktop and laptop (mailbox and windows). Unlocking of password using AdminPack. Setting up desktops, printers, and data projectors
- Configuring mainframe applications. Provide support for data migration during computer setup.
- Provide telephonic support.
- Troubleshooting of all issues reported. Gather and analyse users’ issues in ICT and provide solutions.
- Provide support for identified Level 8 and/or Level 9 issues where configuration solutions have already been documented on the ITIL.
- IT helpdesk services: Provide first-level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues as requested by level 8/9.
- Perform any other related function as requested by Supervisor
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree/national diploma (NQF Level 6) in Information Technology or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of one (1) to two 2) years’ work experience in the Information Technology field as an IT Technician.
- The industry-recognised certifications such as MCSE/ MCITP, A+, N+ Security +, ITIL as well as other IT governance frameworks will be an added advantage.
- Good communication, problem-solving, ICT infrastructure support and Customer relationship skills.
- Network Administration, IT Service Management. Sound knowledge of COBIT 5 Foundation, ITIL and other IT Governance frameworks
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A