As a key technologist in the Software Engineering group, help drive software engineering strategies, standards and guidelines at product and program level. Engineer business critical technology solutions through the application of software programming, quality management, and data management.
- Enable test automation while ensuring the CI/CD pipeline is always in good health and is responsible for the technical design and high-quality coding for technology products that passes the QA requirements and is production deployment ready. Automate testing and carry out functional and performance testing in collaboration with test engineers and quality assurance.
- Network with senior internal and external colleagues in area of expertise. Work with others to identify trade-offs or potential conflicts between functional goals and objectives.
- Contribute to sprint/work design and planning by providing subject matter expertise on business domain and relevant technologies and contribute to software engineering organisation in relevant technology and ensures participation in cross skilling using expertise.
- Build, maintain and operate technical environments for software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment for data solutions.
- Lead the discovery phase of small to medium projects to come up with high level design. Partner with the Product Managers, Architects and others in the team.
- Contribute to software and data engineering playbooks for use by relevant people in information technology and data scientists in the business.
- Lead technical design and build for medium to large sized solutions in a team. Translate complex functional and non-functional requirements into fit for purpose technical design. Debugging and solving issues and follow design documents and implement/test codes and make design decisions while coding and using strong coding principles. Own any feature of the solution end to end.
- Support acceptance testing of the technology solutions by the business ensuring the technology solution meets the business requirements Drive corrective, adaptive, preventative and perfective maintenance of solutions with support from environment management, service management, infrastructure management and cyber security.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer engineering or Software Engineering.
- Experience in providing production support for business solutions
- 5+ years in Information Technology and related fields:
- Good understanding of system integration architecture, and data architecture and models.
- Implementation of contemporary engineering practices like lean software development, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience of developing advanced technology solutions for large, complex organisations in a multi-functional environment.
- Deep experience in front end development, full stack development, data engineering or AI/ML development
- Establishing and managing technology platforms for DevOps, Data Pipelines, Code Management, Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Data Engineering and Data Analytics (additional)
- Technology evaluation, vendor selection and technology vendor management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A