Manage all financial and administrative activities in the country in accordance with the corporate Financial & HR policies of the company and local legislation. Provide critical financial appraisals and inputs with respect to the country so that (a) country management can take decisions with full knowledge and awareness of financial implications and (b) HO/Regional Office (RFO) can exercise effective financial control over country activities.
- Ensure that credit control functions are effectively carried out. Manage Company debtors by continuously and proactively analysing, identifying and covering credit risk so that revenues are maximized without jeopardizing Company receivables.
- The analysis would also cover the risk being taken by the GSA/PSA. Ensure timely follow up and recovery of all debts including under collections so that all dues are recovered within the credit period allowed by the Company.
- Represent EK in local IATA/APJC/ LCAG meetings ensuring the interests of EK are safeguarded in the decision making process. Keep local credit risk policy updated with significant events.
- Ensure compliance in all areas such as local taxes (VAT, GST, WHT, Payroll and Ticketing tax) as well as other local requirements (registration and reporting to local government bodies).
- Ensure information is sent timely to RFO so that amounts due to Company?s creditors are correctly recorded and paid as per payment terms.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording, preparation and submission of periodic financial reports/returns/summaries etc. to enable the station transactions to be systematically recorded in the Company?s main accounting and reporting systems at HO/ RFO.
- Proactively seek areas of improvement either in processes or technology which not only benefit the local station but positively impact the entire network.
- Manage working capital in accordance with policy ensuring timely repatriations where relevant.
- Qualifications: – Degree (Recognised professional accounting qualification to the standard of Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar preferred)
- Experience: – Minimum 5 years of professional experience, of which 2-3 years must be in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of rules and procedures under the local laws to take care of statutory requirements as necessary.
- Proven experience in working in a large multinational and dealing with stakeholders from different countries and cultures.
- Ability to function independently within an established framework and to be practical and innovative.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels and functions of an organisation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of airline accounting procedures and familiarity with IATA regulations with regard to Passenger/Cargo/Excess Baggage sales is advantageous.
- Other languages besides French & English: As per country requirements
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: N/A