Website The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
The new role will ensure a high level of compliance with HMRC regulations through the oversight, evaluation and implementation of evolving Brexit requirements, including daily follow up and pro-active coordination with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring best practice and maintaining a high level of controls to mitigate any risk of incurring HMRC non compliance fines and penalties.
- Ensure that border crossing shipments comply with the rules and regulations of UK authorities. This covers all facets of regulatory compliance; working closely with our factories, DC’s, customs brokers and transportation carriers.
- Support all customs compliance initiatives and competencies, which include the areas of customs entry operations, broker management, classification, valuation, trade programs and agreements, and internal auditing to AEO standard.
- Develops and coordinates internal regulatory compliance training
- Ensures Free Trade Agreement compliance
- Implement and execute regulatory compliance audits; internally and at external parties such as customs brokers
- Lead the business through the changes that Brexit will bring
- Maintain and update HTS classification table
- Monitors import and export customs entries for accuracy
- Create/update Standard Operating Procedures for Customs operations.
- Manages daily operational issues related to customs compliance
- Remains current on laws, regulation and practices affecting customs compliance.
- Provides continuous reports to upper management on current and all pending customs related issues.
- Guide the business through the AEO application process, with support of site stakeholders and management
- Provides customs compliance direction to staff and key internal stakeholders.
- Monitor customs relevant SAP EDI interfaces
- Collaborative skills – able to establish strong & effective working relationships with key stakeholders including 3rd party brokers, freight companies and HMRC
- Demonstrates good technical knowledge of customs rules and requirements and a willingness to keep up to date and advise the business of the impact of new rules or opportunities
- Good analytical skills – able to develop reports and KPI’s, provide statistics and scenario analysis
- Strong operational and organisational skills – efficient management of all customs activities to necessary deadlines and ensuring that processes and policies are implemented and adhered to
- Experience in import & export admin/compliance preferably with an AEO approved business. Experience of preparation for and taking part in customs audits
- Experience with a freight forwarder – Customer facing Import & Export clearances, preferably with an AEO approved forwarder
Company: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fareham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A