Website eThekwini Municipality
Performs system management and system programming, software product evaluation and testing on the computing environment including system configuration, troubleshooting, security, resource monitoring and administration of storage area network.
- Performs capacity planning and performance tuning activities for hardware and system software.
- Administers systems security, re-organises the database and provides quality assurance
- Installs, customises and maintains enterprise storages management software (e.g. TIVOLI).
- Provides support in planning for disaster recovery events.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems.
- Performs multiple platform and open systems related tasks relative to hardware and software.
- Installs, maintains and enhances system software products which are performance critical.
- Provides consultancy services and support to all Units within the Council.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Valid motor vehicle drivers license (Code B).
- Relevant B degree in computer science or related technical field.
- 4 Years relevant experience.
- Relevant 3 year IT tertiary qualification i.e. Diploma or Degree.
Company: eThekwini Municipality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A