Website Food Lion
To provide fast, easy, flexible and friendly service to our customers through the achievement of Food Lion customer service standards and food safety Guidelines. To be friendly, courteous and cooperative with other store associates. Responsible for assisting department managers in maintaining standards and maximizing sales through excellent customer service.
- Perishable Department: Maintain proper product levels in all areas within the department including meat, lunchmeat, frozen, dairy, ice cream. Will be working in coolers and freezers. Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Grocery Department: Maintain appropriate product levels in accordance with Food Lion current stocking and conditioning
- Produce Department: Maintain proper product levels in all areas within the department. Ensures proper sanitation of department, equipment and proper food handling/preparation. Will work in coolers for extended periods of time, must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Associates may be assigned any or all the following duties by department:
- Provide fast, easy, flexible and friendly service to our Food Lion To Go customers through the achievement of Food Lion customer service standards.
- Deli/Bakery/HMS Department: Maintain proper product levels in all areas within the department. Will work with bulk meat and cheese utilizing a slicer. Ensures proper sanitation of department, equipment and proper food handling/preparation. Will be working in coolers and freezers, must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Front End Department: Deliver outstanding customer service during customer checkout at the cash register; scan and bag items, keep cash register area clean and tidy, gather carts and remove trash from carts, must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on occasion
- Perform repetitive hand and arm motions
- Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Pull or push up to 75 lbs. on occasion
- Use hands to frequently/continuously handle currency (paper and coin) as well as operate a variety of equipment such as cash register, lottery machine (where applicable), scanner, computer, and calculator
- Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Stand 100% of the time, frequently walking short distances
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical skills
Company: Food Lion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kill Devil Hills, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A