Website Ford Motor Company
This role will work in a small, cross-functional teams. The position will collaborate directly and continuously with business partners, product managers and designers, and will release early and often.
- Mentor and train other Software Engineers to help them learn Agile methods and build technical skills.
- Lead software engineers to understand platform vision, break out tasks and help them solve challenging issues.
- Participate in hiring and talent retention activities.
- Work hands-on with the team and other partners to deliver solutions that meet our customer’s requirements and needs.
- Drive POCs/Discoveries of new Tools and technologies to support robust ML Platform.
- Work hand to hand with Data Scientists to shape the future vision of our Data Science platform.
- Help innovate and iterate on Agile processes and share our learnings.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Product Owner to translate Business Value needs (the WHAT) into User Stories (the HOW) for delivery by Software Engineers.
- Balance “doing it right” with “speed to delivery” by identifying and mitigating risk, generating options, educating business and other decision makers, and taking on justified technical debt.
- Grow technical capabilities/expertise and provide guidance to other software engineers on the team.
- Act as a consultant to the business vs. an order taker.
- Define best practices and standards, working with other Technical Anchors for the Product as well as COE/Operations for the ML tools used.
- 2+ years of experience and good understanding of Machine Learning/Deep Learning Models/Python/ML Model Deployment/ML Model Management for production environments
- Understanding or desire to learn end to end Machine Learning technology stack (Tools such as Kubeflow, Kubernetes, SeldonCore, H2O, Data Robot, Domino Data Labs etc.)
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others.
- Experience and good understanding of Machine Learning / Deep Learning Models / Python / ML Model Deployment / ML Model Management for production environments
- Experience in programming concepts such as Paired Programming, Test Driven Development, etc.
- Experience in delivering machine learning software products using iterative approach.
- 2+ years of experience leading Software Engineers and/or Machine Learning Engineers
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with engineers, designers, and Business Partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Experience in supporting continuous improvement by investigating development alternatives
- Strong desire to learn new skills and apply to solve business problems/opportunities
- Experience applying agile practices to solution delivery
- Ability to lead software engineers, understand and rapidly learn technical acumen in AI/ML space, gather requirements, understand the customer, come up with solutions.
- 2+ years developing solutions on Public Cloud Technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience creating CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins, Argo or like tools
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making.
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning Technologies
- MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dearborn, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A