Website Forever 21
The Assistant Manager position will support the success of all operational and visual functions in the store. This includes all aspects of the customer service experience, cash handling, operations compliance, as well as styling, processing and placing merchandise to create an aesthetically pleasing store according to company guidelines.
- Trains, coaches, and directs Leads and Brand Ambassadors on merchandise handling, shipment processing, merchandise presentation, and visual techniques as needed.
- Facilitates new hire onboarding and training for various skill levels.
- Acts as a mentor to the Leads and Brand Ambassadors by following the Company’s Customer FIRST model (Friendly Greeting, Identifying Needs, Responding, Suggesting & Styling and Thanking).
- Spends at least 60% of the shift performing Leader on Duty tasks.
- Ensures service, merchandising, and operational standards are met through company-defined practices and processes.
- Ensures floor is replenished per company guidelines which includes follow-up with staff to ensure accuracy.
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude and proactively seeks opportunities to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Leads the overall store earnings by driving top line sales while managing controllable contribution.
- Educates and provides feedback to Leads and Brand Ambassadors on increasing sales through service standards, product knowledge, store presentation, and replenishment.
- Supports daily merchandising, styling, floor set planning and execution, replenishment, launches, updates, shipment, zero selling reports, loss prevention and service.
- Serves as a role model to Leads and Brand Ambassadors in areas of customer service, driving sales, cash management, inventory and follow-up with customers.
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment and experience for the customer by always maintaining and executing a customer first mentality.
- Arranges and executes suitable and effective training solutions for other team members based on performance.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and work with cleaning chemicals.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including a minimum of 2 closing shifts per week and 2 full weekends per month.
- Must have at least 1 year of retail experience. Prior supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must be capable in sales generation and possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be capable to develop and train others, including delegating tasks and follow-up.
- Must have exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree and/or relevant retail work experience is preferred.
Company: Forever 21
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: University Park, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A