Website Government Employees Medical Scheme - GEMS
The position of Finance Controller: Reporting is vacant. The Finance Controller: Reporting reports directly to the Finance Manager: Reporting, and forms part of the Finance Division. The position is based at GEMS Head Office, Pretoria.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Prepare weekly expenditure report.
- Capture draft for SRM and statutory returns on CMS system.
- Collate data for annual integrated report.
- Track and report incorrect allocation in the GL.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Support the Budgeting Process.
- Maintain the management accounts template.
- Develop and report on Scheme’s procurement spend, focusing on BEE levels and Black Ownership.
- Develop frequently used reports in the accounting system.
- High level of integrity and excellence.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Certificate/Diploma in Accountancy, Degree would be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Have a diligent work ethic with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, processes and policies.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise discretion and tact.
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Prior knowledge of working with business intelligence tools and AFS software would be an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years management accounting and reporting experience (similar role).
- Computer skills preferably Microsoft excel.
- Strong organisational and mathematical Skills.
- Ability to critically analyse data.
- Have Strong negotiation skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Company: Government Employees Medical Scheme – GEMS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A