Website Government Employees Medical Scheme - GEMS
There is currently a Project Manager vacancy. The Project Manager role will report directly to the Senior Manager: Project Management and forms part of the Office of the Chief Operations Officer. The position is permanent and will be based at GEMS Head Office.
- Effective identification, planning and management of project resources and stakeholders, including the management of stakeholder expectations in line with project objectives.
- Drive value through the utilisation of planning tools and methods to create an optimum balance of project benefits in relation to costs and risks.
- Ensure effective closure of projects including documenting close-off reports and lessons learned.
- Ensure the proactive management of project risks, opportunities and issues to effectively contain the Scheme’s risk exposure.
- Manage project communication through timeous and regular reporting to various stakeholders and forums.
- Manage the development of critical project governance documents including business plans, project charters and project management plans and secure the acceptance and approval by the relevant project stakeholders.
- Define change management plans and ensure integration and management as part of the overall Project Management lifecycle.
- End to end management of projects including effective initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting.
- Manage the project team’s performance in the implementation of project tasks and the delivery of all projects on schedule, within the approved scope in line with project objectives.
- Manage quality outcomes of projects through the definition of quality management plans in agreement with relevant project sponsors.
- At least 5 to 8 years’ hands-on experience in Project Management with at least 3 years of experience at a management/supervisory level.
- Communication skills and analytical expertise- A team player with a strong collaborative implementation approach.
- Experience in implementing Healthcare Systems and Technologies will service as an advantage.
- At least a 3 year Degree/Diploma or NQF 7 equivalent in Project Management/Business Administration/ Information Technology/Operations Management or related field.
- A post-graduate qualification and/or project management certification will serve as an advantage.
- Experience in implementing business transformation programmes and projects will serve as an advantage.
- Innovative, solution-driven and goal-orientated.
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in the application of project management methodologies such as (PMBoK, Agile, Scrum, waterfall, Prince etc.).
Company: Government Employees Medical Scheme – GEMS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A