Website Government Employees Medical Scheme - GEMS
The Executive Assistant: Research and Development serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the Research Division. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Chief Research Officer and in conjunction with the Research and Development Division through the following KPA’s:
- Manage the CRO’s travel arrangements in line with the Scheme’s travel policy at least 7 days before meetings.
- Administer the CRO’s miscellaneous expenses.
- Prepare minutes, presentations and meeting packs as required.
- File all documents and correspondence in a well organised filing system.
- Plan, coordinate and manage meetings in respect of venues, catering and procurement.
- Provide telecommunication support and services by attending to incoming and outgoing calls; and
- Plan, coordinate and manage CRO’s diary.
- Compose and distribute all relevant correspondence.
- Provide administrative support to the Research and Development Division.
- Maintain divisional contacts.
- Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitive information.
- Experience in using search engines such as Google Scholar, Pubmed and the ability to use Reference Management applications.
- Understanding of stakeholder relationship engagement.
- 3-5 years personal assistance at management and executive level.
- To work in a flexible manner including out of hours as and when required.
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Be responsible and reliable.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- To work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.
- A diploma/degree in Commerce, Arts, Research/ Legal/Public Administration will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat.
- Be organised and have good time management skills.
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality work.
- Minimum two (2) year qualification in Administration or Secretarial Studies, or equivalent NQF Level.
- Self-Motivated and pro-active.
Company: Government Employees Medical Scheme – GEMS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A