Website Gibela Rail Transport Consortium
Responsible for organising and coordinating all planning relations to industrial activities to ensure on-time product deliveries, while contributing to profitability improvement in terms of cost, lead time and inventory reduction. Anticipate, identify and analyse planning risks and opportunities, including management reporting, corrective action-plans and process development. Responsible for proper planning data reliability, accuracy and consistency for SAP MRP system application and ensuring correct information flow both up & downstream (i.e.: Procurement, PME, manufacturing.)
- Ensure that the Master Production Schedule is managed and takes into account industrial constraints, potential delay analysis and propose action plans.
- Maintenance of material master data for planning fields and validate data.
- Be the local referent for any support need related to MRP queries and optimize MRP processes
- Analyze all MRP error messages for data consistency relating to planning and implement corrective actions.
- Contribute and guide knowledge base creation for documentation
- Identify and mitigate cross functionally capacity limitations, bottleneck analysis for supply and demand planning, monitor and correct deviance from normative standards.
- Report key decisions and document major assumptions (ex: Takt Time change) using standard forms
- Ensure that the Work in Progress and production sequence is concisely aligned with Cost and Cash (including Hard inventory, Raw materials & Work in Progress coverage, Future sales forecasting and on time deliveries)
- Preparation of the monthly MPS based on past period results and inputs from projects and inject MPS into ERP system.
- Advance Excel knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Industrial Planning, Operations and Supply chain processes (including Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement)
- Recognised post graduate technical qualification in Data Science, Supply chain management or Industrial Engineering
- Similar experience of 5 years in a planning and data control role within manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of client-supplier internet portal (EDI) and ERP interfaces
- Minimum 5 years management experience with sound business knowledge, focused on industrialization, project delivery and manufacturing activities
- Minimum 5 years SAP extensive knowledge
Company: Gibela Rail Transport Consortium
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nigel, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A