The incumbent in this role is responsible for managing the delivery and execution of the Operational Plan for areas of responsibility, focusing on the areas of safety and production through selection, development and optimal utilisation of people and equipment; the daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of the relevant processes and delivery of targets; and the identification and management of risks.
- Participating in the formulation of the functional plan and engaging with Plant Managers to ensure the proper execution of the plan and the monitoring the achievement of targets across areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring the understanding of processes by the teams in area of responsibility – ensuring the development of knowledge and sharing of best practice of these processes
- Ensuring the creation of a culture and environment that is conducive for the delivery of targets.
- Monitoring all saleable and sales qualities to ensure that the required specifications are met.
- Providing input to ensure the capability and proper allocation, deployment, and optimisation of people and other resources.
- Identification of hazards and risks in areas of responsibility and ensuring that proper controls are put in place to ensure the mitigation of these risks as well as the monitoring compliance to policies, regulations and standards.
- Providing technical support to the Plant Managers and engaging with the Geological Department to evaluate daily and monthly yields vs budget and forecast.
- Initiating and managing improvement projects from start to completion within the required specifications.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Metallurgist or role.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Metallurgy (BEng/BTech)
- Advance Lump Ore Beneficiation Certificate.
- Ability to apply practical skills and common sense to solve problems and deliver accountabilities.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations, follow instructions and limit risk of non-compliance to the business.
- Ability to maintain high levels of individual and team performance by driving the achievement of goals, targets and financial objectives.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Witbank, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A