Manager, Quality Engineer SDET leads testing for quality of the software applications to ensure alignment to standard methodologies and metrics. This position controls the software testing process with each release by developing, and implementing test scripts and plans and coordinates with the architecture and software build teams to build corrective actions and software production readiness strategies.
- Directs and supervises technology initiatives.
- Supervises industry trends and identifies ideal methodologies to use in the portfolio management function
- Conducts post-implementation evaluation
- Works closely with the key partners, product managers, and demand managers across the portfolio so quality assurance objectives are accomplished
- Conducts planning assessment of project scope, delivery capacity, desired implementation dates and derives the optimum release plan for Portfolios
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective, and meet good business practice
- Develops implementation plans, secures resources for implementation working with appropriate technology partners
- Develops Project, Program, and Quality Assurance support policies, standards, and procedures.
- Maintains superb communication with senior management both within and across organizations to ensure the smooth running of all programs and projects undertaken by the team
- Provides directions and guidance on a day-to-day basis to the team on testing activities
- Plans, directs, and ensures the successful management of projects and programs applying Hilton Enterprise Quality Engineer Methodology, delivery partners, and assigned project management teams
- Works with the user community and delivery teams and ensures that user acceptance is completed successfully prior to implementation
- Builds relationships with key partners in distribution, customer marketing, global online services, and information technology
- Three (3) years of experience with script and non-script based functional tools such as Eclipse/IDE, Extent Reports, Test NG, Selenium, Test Complete, and AI-powered Automation
- Ability to lead, mentor, and guide
- Experience developing and maintaining test scripts for BDD/TDD, Agile/Scrum, and DevOps teams
- Three (3) years of Microservices web services testing experience using SOAP and REST based service and XML, JSON
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 10+ years of
- Technology related experience
- Seven (7) years of professional experience within Technology or a related field
- Four (4) years of development experience using J2EE/Groovy Shell and DB SQL in Linux and Windows platforms
- Five (5)+ years of experience leading and running automated test teams
- Ability to manage competing priorities successfully
- Five (5)+ years of hands-on combined experience in designing and developing Test Automation Frameworks and Automating Test Cases using
- Commercial and Open source tools
- Three (3) years of experience in creating frameworks that use and interact with DevOps tools such as Couchbase, JIRA, Stash, Bamboo, Confluence, ReadyAPI – Soap UI Pro, Service, Git, Jenkins.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A