A Guest Services Agent is responsible for greeting & registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service, and closing out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Hilton’s high standards of quality. Resolves any guest challenges throughout their stay at our hotel.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hilton marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs.
- Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and welcome letter. Requires continual standing, movement throughout front office area and reaching out onto a four foot high desk. Meet all HHC established standards for check in, pre-register, special groups or tours and make the necessary arrangements for them.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer or voice mail. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested. Advise guest on the proper use of the voice mail system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, Oregon Metropolitan Area, US
Application Deadline: N/A