Website City of Houston
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking an Equipment Worker (Medium) to join its Facilities Management and Development team.
- Performs a variety of manual tasks and activities, i.e. spraying, lawn care, moving furniture, roofing, painting, digging manholes, mowing, pouring concrete or asphalt, etc.
- Maintains, cleans and services equipment, vehicles, tools and facilities. Inspects vehicles for required supplies, materials and equipment.
- May act as a lead of a crew and coordinate and monitor work assignments and personnel
- Operates heavy equipment and operates trucks to transport equipment, refuse and/or materials to and from work sites.
- Observes and follows safety procedures and precautions at work-site.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position is designated among essential personnel under the City of Houston’s Emergency Management Policy .
- Prepares and maintains reports, forms and records.
- May investigate and respond to complaints.
- The position requires stooping, bending and/or lifting of items of up to 80 pounds with occasional periods of walking on rough surfaces.
- Six months of experience in the operation of plant or automotive equipment and attachments are required.
- May require a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and comply with the City of Houston’s policy on driving based on the type of equipment the individual is assigned to operate.
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instructions as might normally be acquired through 9 to 11 years of formal schooling.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A