Website City of Houston
The purpose of the Solid Waste Management Department (SWMD) is to provide solid waste services to the citizens of Houston through the collection, disposal, recycling of discarded material in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally sound, and cost-effective.
- Performs physical labor in collecting household recyclables, bulk waste and garbage from City curbs.
- Based on the operational needs of the service center, the employee may be required to perform physical labor work from the “back” of the vehicle.
- Responsible for collecting and transporting garbage and discarded materials to specified dumpsite for disposal.
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instructions as might normally be acquired through 9 to 11 years of formal schooling.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred. Rear Loader and/or One Arm Automated Vehicle experience a plus.
- Delivers excellent customer service to Solid Waste Management Department (SWMD) customers a plus. Willing to work a flexible schedule, be dependable, have a good work ethic and be team-oriented.
- One year of driving experience with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is required.
- Must have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and comply with the City of Houston’s policy on driving. (AP 2-2).
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A