The Design Researcher’s work is to provide answers to the most challenging questions in the product’s design. They reveal what the consumers need from the business’s products by conducting primary research, exploring consumer behaviour and motivation, and working with the Product Design.
- Ensures that design research across the project is scoped and supported appropriately.
- Facilitate engagement and collaboration across the business to ensure that the consumers’ needs are understood and considered
- Analyse problems and propose solutions beyond initial objectives or requirements
- Work collaboratively with other teams to support design research efforts.
- Establish best practices, evolve processes, and cultivate community.
- Spearhead the planning and conducting of consumer research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle
- Challenge requirements and thinking
- Show agility and creativity in integrating design research into the work, simultaneously offering critique and new possibilities based on reasonable constraints.
- Own Design Research as a discipline and have experience of practicing research at project level.
- Experience conceptualizing and managing design research initiatives from start to finish.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Hold previous experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Passion for evolving design research methods
- Experience of driving global research and initiatives, strategies, vision, goals, and methodologies
- An understanding of digital product design would be desirable
- The ability to speak one other language would be desirable but not essential
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- History of tackling and solving complex design research challenges.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A