The role holder will ensure work and models are managed to ensure compliance with group policies, adherence to relevant legislation and develop an in-depth understanding of the portfolio, people dynamics, economy and cultures.
- Drive, shape and lead the analytics for model risk management, including the production and review of data quality reporting, model monitoring, model realignments and model assessments for UK WPB Decision and Basel Models.
- Positively support the vision and strategy of the department, working with the Senior Leadership Team to engage and motivate team members. Act as a role model for colleagues and subordinates.
- Support for wider WPB and WPB Risk Projects
- Contribute to and have influence on the project planning process, liaising with stakeholders and project sponsors on a regular basis. Effectively manage and challenge requests for unplanned or ad-hoc work.
- Communication of model performance results and model risk status to senior stakeholders at UK and Global forums, appropriately escalating issues and proposed actions for resolution of issues to model sponsors and risk owners
- Contribution to continuous improvement plan, including moving reporting to the latest technologies and using innovative solutions to solve problems or deliver process improvements
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. educated to degree level, preferably in a numerate subject
- Experience of using relevant software packages to allow for people development and analytics productions, i.e. SAS/SQL/ Microsoft Office /Python/Qliksense
- Relevant retail product knowledge including knowledge of Credit Cards, Mortgages, Loans and Overdrafts, and an understanding of how statistical models and data driven business rules are applied effectively to credit portfolios
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences and suitable for regulatory submission
- Experience working in relevant role, i.e. Credit/Risk/Analytics & specifically Basel or Regulatory Modelling/Model Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A