Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineer’s high-profile consumer electronic devices, creating the best-selling Kindle, FireTV, Echo, and Ring family of products. What will you help us create?
- This position is a Senior System Electrical Engineering position; you will interact daily with teams for firmware, mechanical, thermal, manufacturing, and software.
- For these products you will start with the customer and working back to identify each use case.
- For every use case you will map through the electrical and firmware behavior to determine a method to achieve a desired result.
- You will frequently act as a problem solver, taking ambiguous or overly constrained issues and determining a path to a solution via hardware, architecture, or firmware design modifications.
- Experience with breaking down problems into electrical fundamentals.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in ICs, system designs, or firmware interactions.
- 7+ years of experience in consumer product design.
- 4+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, debug, and embedded firmware coordination.
- Experience with electrical understanding of designs including power sequences, regulators, embedded communication busses, and power states.
- Experience with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- BS in EE, Computer Engineering, or similar
- Experience with low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A