Website Ford Motor Company
We’re seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our battery manufacturing process engineering activities. We’re looking to optimize our efforts in safety, quality, and productivity. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to advance continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and products.
- Ensure production systems meet objectives through R&M, Process Design and FMEAs.
- Ensure emphasis on delivery and continuous improvement of safety, quality, and productivity
- Run-off equipment per JV Partner/Ford specifications at supplier and plant to validate capability and adaptability including safety
- Develop plans for machine tryout parts (MTO), cost, quantity, location of build, quality, etc. Lead Simo Engineering with supplier and plant/staff Support QOS 9000 and ISO 14000, PAP and APQP processes
- Support appropriate Six Sigma projects
- Work with Suppliers and Product Engineering to handle program deliverables
- Handle Program Timelines for assigned area
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to acquire a working Product design that meets Manufacturing Design Specifications Responsible for equipment procurement and manage program budgets and line items
- Support development of production processes aligned to JV Partner Bill of Process and strategies through system inquiry, simultaneous engineering, build, installation, commissioning and launch phases. Including Error proofing, EVPs, Gage lists, hand tools, Lift Assists, etc.
- Use Lessons Learned to develop program studies and improve standard Bill of Processes
- Work with plant personnel with appropriate timing and installation documentation, to ensure efficient/timely installation and validation.
- Travel up to 10% globally and 35% domestically
- Great teammate and able to take on a leadership role in project settings
- Prior success learning product function and applying manufacturing techniques to deliver that function
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Application experience in computers and electronics
- 2+ years’ experience in Product Development
- Solid understanding of the battery manufacturing process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic JV working environment and diverse team
- Fluent in Korean language
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 2+ years in Battery Manufacturing Engineering
- Validated analytical competence
- Strong digital literacy (MS Office and AutoCAD)
- Factory floor level, battery manufacturing production experience
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dearborn, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A