Website Lincoln Financial
This position will manage a team and processes for their assigned claims area(s) of responsibility. They will oversee and ensure the fair, ethical and timely management of more complex claims for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Completes regular quality audits of assigned area(s) of responsibility claim/team members’ work; records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards.
- Collaborates with sales offices to ensure effective service delivery of claims for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Approves and makes more complex claim management related financial decisions consistent with company guidelines for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure effective service delivery of more complex claims for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures all assigned area(s) of responsibility claims, eligible or ineligible for payment, conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
- Identifies and communicates claims trends and issues to management. Develops mitigation plans.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements individual and team priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure completion of responsibility for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains close customer ties, articulates customer needs, keeps priorities in focus with the desires and expectations of the customer.
- Ensures claims processing is consistent with applicable policies, procedures and department guidelines for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Omaha, NE, US
Application Deadline: N/A