SpaceX is looking for a detection engineer to join the information security team to help protect and drive the SpaceX mission. Information drives our business and we must protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and processes across the enterprise.
- Build playbooks to properly triage and respond to security incidents.
- Operate and help mature SOC playbooks, workflow automations, and use cases to protect SpaceX people, missions, and assets.
- Provide design support on ways to improve detection and response capabilities.
- Provide back-up support to the incident response team when necessary.
- Analyze SOC alert statistics and workflows to reduce false positives and properly focus engineering efforts.
- Keep up-to-date on modern attack techniques to continually integrate knowledge into new detections.
- Work closely with the Security Operations Center (SOC) and engineering teams to improve and build new tailored security detections.
- Experience writing and tuning host and network detections.
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience with modern security information and event management (SIEM) systems such as Splunk and/or ELK.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information security, computer science; OR 2+ years of professional experience in information security developing detections for attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with operating system internals for Linux and/or Windows platforms.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python/PowerShell) for automation.
- Experience automating security operations and incident response processes.
- Reverse engineering and malware analysis.
- Strong understanding of security architecture, tool integration, and API development/automation.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and cloud security.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A