Supports security standards, policies and/or master plan for the Security Operations function. Manages the development of processes and support functions of new security technologies and tools to improve the organization’s internal operations and security posture. Supports new security tool technological directions and manages the organizations operational development.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of applications and system resources
- Oversee daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the security environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions
- Lead a team of security professionals in the Corporate IT Security and Compliance functional area, with a focus on maintaining stability of security systems and applications, ensuring operational readiness.
- Provide oversight for health and well-being of security tools in the server environment and associated applications
- Supports and improves security operations plan of record according to the IT and corporate strategy
- Provide hands-on experience with configuring, documenting, and troubleshooting network and endpoint security technologies such as proxies, anti-malware, DLP (data loss prevention), IPS / IDS (intrusion prevention / detection system)
- Utilize experience with SIEM technology to lead team in configuring proactive threat hunting criteria
- Demonstrates the skills required to maintain security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
- Solid understanding of patch and change management processes for Windows, UNIX and Linux environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of Unix/Linux command line experience to aid in security incident response activities when necessary
- Demonstrated knowledge of security system technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- BA/BS in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Basic computer skills, with proficiency with Word and Excel
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Proven knowledge of information technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Demonstrated ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, concise yet comprehensive communication material
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to meet rigorous deadlines while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task and handle on a proactive basis, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to maximize time-management and efficiencies
- Experience leading others and providing constructive feedback
- Displays a sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- A team player with the ability to enable changes in the business processes and ability to work cooperatively with all groups is essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland Heights, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A