The Operations Supervisor is a critical frontline operational role where you will have responsibility for the safe airside operation and our front-line team members.
You will be responsible for leading, motivating, engaging and inspiring all team members to ensure the delivery in line with Swissport procedures, policies and brand values.
- Monitor and ensure that all Swissport departmental standard operational procedures (SOP’s) are followed accordingly.
- Make operational decisions with the operational plan.
- Coordinate operational issues between dispatchers, airlines and flight crew members including delay management and diversions.
- Ensure the overall supervision and quality of the dispatch release, flight following and operational control processes.
- Ensure compliance with all Swissport corporate safety and security procedures in order to meet/exceed regulatory standards deliver the desired customer service experience
- Ensure compliance with Swissports SOPs and policies
- Supervise/allocate tasks including reporting absences and overtime.
- Coordinating with all internal departments, line management, CLC, other service providers and airlines when required.
- Ensure that staff are adequately trained, (including monthly manual loadsheets – if required) motivated and communicated with.
- Plan and deploy resources to ensure customer and operational requirements are met
- Quality control and monitoring of flight files, messaging systems, SITA, and issue loadsheets and LIRF’s
- Responsible for maintenance of assigned equipment and materials
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the operation/turnround of inbound and outbound flights
- Maintain up-to-date manuals and documentation
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and airport authorities
- Create operational reports
- Contribute/assist with local emergency plans
- Commitment to good customer service and continuous improvement
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and public holidays)
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Proficient in computer skills and able to learn Swissport and airport systems
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment desirable
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A minimum of three GCSE’s or equivalent
- A full driving licence
- Self motivated and able to inspire others, with demonstrable supervisory skills and experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Derbyshire, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A