Website Waste Management
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment. Works on equipment that requires a high level of skill using modern maintenance practices and technology. Provides superior maintenance on, both, diesel equipment and CNG trucks.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience with repair of electrical and hydraulics
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a technician or mechanic, preferably, on heavy trucks and/or heavy equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tehachapi, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A