Website State of Maryland
The main purpose of this position is to administer, manage, and ensure that the goals/objectives of the Department of Juvenile Services(DJS) are carried out in a specific portion of the geographical area of the State, identified as Central Maryland, Baltimore County.
- This position will: manage the personnel and daily operations of the office in a cost-effective manner to serve the community and youth in accordance with the Restorative Services goals of DJS;
- Oversee and manage the effective delivery of services to youth in Baltimore County in order to reduce re-offending and promote productive citizenship;
- Establishes a working relationship with the courts, juvenile justice stakeholders, and service agencies in the county;
- Evaluate current staff resource needs, and develop/implement plans for meeting needs for presentation to the Area Director and Assistant Area Director.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a Social or Behavioral Science major (such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, Human Relations, Psychology, Child and Adolescent Studies or Social Work, or other closely related field);
- Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience in providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting.
- Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment and are required to maintain certification while employed.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, United States
Application Deadline: N/A