Website State of Maryland
This position assumes primary responsibility for developing and implementing the Center’s recreation program in accordance with the objectives, policies and responsibilities of the Department. This position is responsible for the order, care and safety of youth. This position will provide a variety of recreational experiences designed to help participants develop a better awareness of personal care, health, fitness and general self-esteem.
- Experience demonstrating safe use of physical education equipment.
- Experience scheduling recreational activities to meet needs of adolescent youth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- CPR certification.
- Employees in this classification must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course for DJS support staff required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
- Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, United States
Application Deadline: N/A