Website Xcel Energy
Job duties will include, but are not limited to, the safe operation of plant equipment, inspection of equipment, cleaning of equipment, unit startup, unit shutdown, running water tests, and other duties as required. Employee will assist with the execution of safety procedures including lock out tag out and confined space entry.
- The employee will be required to actively participate in hands-on training, required classroom training and computer interactive training programs, as directed by management.
- The employee will also be required to successfully complete 4 year apprentice program and qualify for Control Room Operator B Journeyman.
- Travel to other locations may be required.
- Environmental Exposure: Employee will work in and around energized/rotating equipment, confined spaces, vibrating equipment, heights, noise levels requiring ear protection, presence of chemical fumes, lead and dust requiring use of a respirator and work in a wide range of ambient temperatures, both hot and cold.
- The employee will work off of ladders and scaffolding, in elevated positions, and may be required to handle asbestos, lead and other hazardous materials.
- Employee must be able to walk, climb stairs and ladders throughout the plant. Work is often on gravel, concrete and uneven surfaces.
- Must take Base line Audiogram
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Must respond to overtime and call outs
- Must work rotating shifts
- Must commit to working safely and adhere to Company safety rules including wearing a hard hat, safety footwear, protective eye wear and
- Proper Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be respirator qualified (Pulmonary Function Test)
- Must have successfully passed the Behavioral Assessment & the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) Plant Operator Selection Systems (POSS) test
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hobbs, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A