Website Xcel Energy
The Digital Ops Factory DevOps Engineer works closely with the development and platform teams to increase speed of delivery, improve quality/security of code, and optimize processes. As a member of the team, the DevOps Engineer will identify bottlenecks of various development and delivery processes, and work with team members to continously improve software development processes and developer experiences.
- Strategy & Planning: Innovate through usage of industry emerging capabilities and evolving customer needs. Provide input to strategic roadmap and technical dependencies.
- Relationship Management: Conduct peer reviews and approve system changes and technical solution design. Coach and mentor less experience team members. Partner cross-organizationally to drive minimal costs on optimal solutions. Provide in-depth technical information to stakeholders as needed.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain.
- Operations: Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems. Track and drive awareness to operational and technical debt risks. Provide escalated support to incident and problem management. Utilize analytics to improve availability, reliability, efficiency and capacity. Oversee vendor activities.
- Solution Delivery: Lead and support solution lifecycle technical activities. Ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance.
- Lead design, ensuring Enterprise Architecture, Security, Operations and Compliance aspects are continuously integrated into solutions. Provide input to cost and schedule estimation. Responsible for overall integrity of system design and operation. Oversee vendor activities.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive inovation and business results.
- Broad and deep knowledge of technology architecture, infrastructure, network, security and software principles and models.
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Expertise managing the lifecycle of technical solutions.
- Ten years of related functional experience.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise within the respective system domain products, platforms, processes and architecture.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A