Website Xcel Energy
Lead the programmatic emergency plan requirements for the Nuclear Department and the periodic review of nuclear emergency plans.
- Applies sound and diversified knowledge of emergency planning principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Makes decisions independently on emergency planning problems and methods; applies advanced technical expertise to projects to develop and refine new approaches to emergency planning programs.
- Represents the fleet as an industry expert in various industry forums. Actively participates and leads industry or professional society work groups. Provides EP training input and development as a subject matter expert.
- Provides technical leadership for other EP coordinators; provides leadership for process quality improvement initiatives. Functions as project leader on a variety of large-scale emergency planning projects–often directing other staff and/or contractors in design and implementation, responsible for major projects and programs.
- Participates in state, county, federal, industry and peer meetings and workshops. Interface with state/county emergency management officials and federal regulatory agencies on EP matters.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access required.
- 3 years of experience in a Senior Emergency Preparedness role or equivalent role preferred.
- Recognized nuclear expertise demonstrated by active participation and leadership in industry or professional society work groups; presentations to industry working groups; or industry or professional society awards and recognition for achievement.
- 8 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise, responsibility and accountability for actions and decisions required, evidenced by implementation of emergency planning programs and procedures; regular interaction with regulatory and oversight organizations; creativity and problem solving without precedent resulting in improved safety, reliability or economics.
- (Relevant experience preferred is defined as employment in Radiation Protection, Chemistry, Operations, or Emergency Preparedness).
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technical or business-related field (relevant to emergency management, nuclear generation or engineering) or equivalent education and experience required.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Welch, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A