Website Xcel Energy
Operates and maintains electronic equipment including RTU’s, electronic controllers, pneumatic controls, compressor control panels. Installs new equipment, programs RTU’s, supervises new construction, orders material, writes and completes work orders.
- Provide technical support and direction as needed to the team. Stay abreast of the new technologies and current industry practices. Includes training other employees in electronic and pneumatic equipment operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting repairs.
- Operate, maintain, calibrate and install gas quality systems and gas chromatographs. Work with contractors to ensure proper installation.
- Includes troubleshooting issues on existing equipment.
- Operate, maintain, calibrate and install gas measurement equipment including meter verifications. Understanding of orifice, turbines, rotary, and ultrasonic meters and pipeline operation
- Operate and maintain electronic equipment in compressor stations including RTUs, PLCs, gas quality analyzers and gas measurement.
- Completes necessary calibrations and troubleshoots issues sometimes with the aid of Field Operators and Working Foreman.
- Responsible for the goals of the Business Unit as they relate to the position. Ordering material ensures compatibility with existing equipment and investigates costs before selecting equipment.
- Operate, maintain, program and install RTUs and PLCs. Troubleshooting issues independently or with the aide of contractors to ensure proper operation of equipment and installations of new equipment.
- Knowledge of software, hardware, functionality of end devices (pressure transmitters, thermocouples, etc.), understanding of communication to equipment, and SCADA integration.
- Completes cathodic protection surveys, troubleshooting issues such as shorts, and will aid in design and installation of new cathodic protection equipment.
- Four or more years experience in gas delivery systems operations, specifically compressor control panels, automated control systems, AC, DC analog and digital control circuits, process control technology and DOT rules and regulations.
- Experience in other areas of Natural Gas Transmission is valuable in this position.
- High school diploma, or GED.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salida, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A