Website Xcel Energy
Standard Operations Position. Provide project management, leadership and coordination for one or more projects or project work streams. Responsible for overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management. Leads team to achieve approved project scope, develops strategic sequencing and detailed milestone schedules, project-level cost tracking and reconciliation.
- Resource Management: Manage resources, both internal and external. Manage assigned contracts and associated payments and performance requirements.
- Manage a comprehensive resource plan for a matrixed team of diverse talent to maximize skills and minimize cost.
- Project Management: Prepare and produce project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation as guided by project or program manager.
- Independently manage and build project plan deliverables on smaller projects and contribute to larger projects. Provide tracking of large project plans. Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans.
- Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment.
- Financial Management: Assist with management of project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking.
- Support RFP and contract management processes.
- Review actuals versus planned budget during project life cycle to identify deviations, research reason for deviation and recommend corrective action. Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment
- BS Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- 3 -5 years’ experience in project management and process improvement; some formal project management training preferred
- Minimum 5 years work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function; utility experience preferred
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required
- Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to understand/apply ongoing changes
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arvada, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A