You will be part of a high-performing team of hardware, firmware, and research electronic and optical engineers developing and implementing the LRI for NASA. You will be responsible to work with a team testing and demonstrating LRI performance goals. You will also be a key member of the group that develops other laser-based metrology instruments.
- Maintain detailed FPGA design documentation
- Support team with board/assembly/instrument level tests
- Lead FPGA design reviews
- Develop FPGA design architectures
- Verify FPGA design meets requirements
- Implement FPGA designs for advanced instruments
- Lead an FPGA team from initial concept through implementation
- 5+ years of experience with FPGA design and verification.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Microsemi Libero SoC, Synplify Pro/Premier, and Mentor Graphics Questa design tools
- Experience using benchtop power supplies, oscilloscopes, synthesizers, and spectrum analyzers to test FPGA designs
- Experience developing signal processing algorithms with implementation on FPGA in Verilog, SystemVerilog, and MATLAB Simulink HDL Coder
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related work experience; or Master’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD degree in related discipline with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Very strong experience designing, implementing, and testing advanced FPGA systems
- Experience designing with radiation tolerant Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs
- Good understanding of communication protocols: SpaceWire, MILSTD-1553, SPI, UART
- Experience with universal verification methodology, regression testing, hardware in the loop testing, and continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience with phase-locked-loops and control systems, pseudorandom number codes, modulation, and ranging techniques and related algorithms.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A