We are seeking a Project Schedule Analyst (PSA) to become an integral team member on the project business team, supporting one of our exciting programs and/or projects in Earth Science or Planetary Science Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the business planning of a JPL mission from the concept studies phase! Together we can make a big difference to explore the unknown to help benefit humanity!
- Maintain detailed network schedules in MS Project Server including the extraction and analysis of various schedule related data required for monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Works on critical, often self-initiated, ad-hoc assignments and projects with minimal direction.
- Assist in the production of high-level summary schedule reports.
- Conduct and report “what-if” schedule scenarios.
- Work with Lead Scheduler on integrating schedule impact artifacts into schedule presentation package and be able to identify and/or present major takeaways from any set of PSA analysis presentation charts
- Support monthly change control board meetings, and incorporate approved liens (BCRs) into the project baseline or estimate at complete (EAC).
- Identify and communicate anomalies in the schedule data, analyze horizontal logic and critical path traceability.
- Build, maintain, analyze, and report schedule concerns, associated metrics, and schedule products.
- Learn technical knowledge about a project to help derive schedule risks and potential negative impacts/opportunities to the project schedule
- 2+ years of experience scheduling experience and/or familiar with project planning concepts
- Previous experience in a project team environment with project reporting, integrated cost/schedule planning, earned value management (EVM), and various performance measurement techniques.
- Resourceful and self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Typically has a Bachelor’s AND 3+ years of related experience, Master’s degree AND 1+ year of experience, or PhD.
- Strong user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with cost-schedule baseline change control processes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A