The candidate will work on the development of superconducting nanowire single photon detector arrays for applications in optical communication, quantum information science, dark matter detection, and astronomy. They will perform nanofabrication process development in the JPL Microdevices Laboratory. The appointee will carry out research in collaboration with the JPL advisor, resulting in publications in the open literature. Dr. Matt Shaw will serve as the JPL postdoctoral advisor to the selected candidate.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with nanofabrication of superconducting detectors.
- Experience with SNSPDs is preferred. A Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or a related field is required.
- Applicants may be subject to additional program requirements by NASA.
- Postdoctoral Scholar positions are awarded for a minimum of one-year period and may be renewed up to a maximum of three years.
- Candidates should submit the following to this site: CV, representative publications, contact information for three references, and a cover letter stating their research accomplishments and interests.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A