We are looking for a Uplink Team Lead Software Engineer to join our team in support of new current and future projects in the DSN. You will be a member of the Front End Controller Group (333G) and work closely with members of the group and section supporting all phases of the product lifecycle from inception through the end of maturity.
- The ideal candidate will be leading the development effort for all areas of the uplink software.
- He/she/they will design, develop, and modify engineering applications for highly complex or specialized capabilities for telecommunication, controls, and mission systems.
- They will utilize extensive domain-specific engineering expertise to understand the needs of the customer, translate the needs into requirements, develop prototype applications, iterate the designs, and then deliver quality applications.
- Travel to domestic and foreign Deep Space Network complexes in California, Spain, and Australia is expected during delivery and testing efforts.
- Travel time is not expected to exceed 5%.
- Experience with or knowledge of Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS) Forward error correction and detection options
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, and concepts in software engineering resulting in contributions to the development of new theories and methods.
- Direct experience with the implementation of communication data and telemetry systems
- Knowledge of modern software development tools and practices (GitHub, Eclipse, continuous integration, automated software testing, Agile methodology, DevOps, etc.).
- Experience with development on Linux systems
- Experience with Linux kernel module development
- Experience with continuous integration and modern source configuration control.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of container and runtime orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Elastic Container Service).We
- Good understanding of formal and structured software development processes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A