We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Systems Engineer Level 3 to join the Flight Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Section (313), reporting administratively to the System Testbed Engineering Group and programmatically to the Lead System Engineer. Some of your initial tasks may include the development of requirements and implementation of a Hardware In The Loop(HWIL) testbed.
- Certification of testbeds
- Anomaly investigation
- Development and implementation of testbed requirements
- Research and author Activity Plans for a testbed
- Help complete the Verification and Validation of a system
- Prepare and present testbed information and data at meetings and reviews
- Integrate and reconfigure testbed
- Testing and integration of hardware and software
- Supporting software and hardware reviews
- Ability to collaborate successfully with other groups, sections, divisions, and organizations, both inside and outside JPL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes that are used to verify/validate the design requirements of systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in testing of systems, including test planning, test procedure development, and data analysis.
- Ability to negotiate independently with other team members on the behalf of System Engineering interests.
- Demonstrated skills in testbed development, test planning, test procedure development, problem reporting/investigation, coordination of test data analysis and test report generation.
- Demonstrated skills in independently leading test activities and coordinating with other team players.
- Experience with development of formal procedures and documentation relating to space flight hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience, or Master’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience, or Ph.D with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Understanding of the proper application of JPL design principles, flight project practices, hardware-handling constraints, and the JPL risk management practices.
- Experience within a multidisciplinary system engineering or test team
- Ability to react to frequent changes in plans and excel in a rapid pace concurrent engineering environment.
- Availability for occasional domestic travel.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A