JPL’s Controller and Financial Planning Office is seeking a dynamic Continuous Improvement Specialist. As a key member of the Strategic Planning Office (SPO), you will play an integral role in the team responsible for proactively preparing our organization for 2025 and beyond by driving strategic solutions that transform our culture and business processes to optimize business results.
- Utilize process improvement methods by identifying, documenting, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating processes and standard operating procedures, as well as continuous improvements and automated solutions.
- Independently lead multiple operational improvement projects and teams from project initiation through execution.
- Capture and analyze process data to identify problems, inform process improvement, and establish baseline metrics.
- Provide continuous improvement expertise as you coach, mentor, and provide guidance on best practices, approaches, and current tools to build, streamline, implement, and/or automate key processes.
- Challenge current working practices to improve operational performance by identifying process improvement opportunities through an understanding of customer insights, analysis, benchmarking, future needs, and root cause.
- Analyze current financial processes to identify improvement opportunities by gathering process information through facilitating brainstorming sessions, interviews, observations, surveys, and workshops.
- Drive and implement strategic initiatives, goals, and action plans that optimize our business processes and operational effectiveness.
- Prepare and communicate strategic recommendations to Senior Management for the execution and prioritization of process improvement projects.
- Define, develop, identify and evaluate key measures and performance indicators to measure operational success.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to interface, partner, and influence all levels of employees, stakeholders, process owners, group supervisors, and senior management.
- Strong experience mapping and modeling business processes using a variety of process improvement tools and techniques.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in continuous process improvement, project management, and business process transformational technical skills (Six Sigma, Lean, Agile, and Business Process Management and Continuous Improvement).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights, and develop optimal solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Finance, Computer Systems Technology or related discipline with six years of applicable experience; Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Finance or Business or related discipline with four years of experience; or Ph.D. in similar disciplines with two years of experience. Knowledge in one or more of the following fields: Continuous
- Improvement, Lean Six Sigma, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Information Technology, Finance, and Change Management.
- Proficient optimizing Microsoft Excel functionality to drive efficiency efforts.
- Proficient utilizing Microsoft Office, including Visio (process mapping) and other visualization tools.
- Experience leading teams from project initiation through execution in the delivery of business process.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A