We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced System Engineer to work on a TS/SCI effort. You will report to the Technical Group Supervisor for the Autonomy and Fault Protection Group (313I) and programmatically to the Flight System Engineering Lead.
- Be responsible for the development of products and participation in engineering trades and reviews
- Developing the autonomy and fault protection requirements/principles/practices and products for space system architectures, designs, implementations, and verification and validation
- You will follow the section’s methodology on the execution of the Fault Protection and Fault Management system engineering process and assist in seeing practices are effectively utilized and implemented by the flight systems engineering team.
- Ensuring that the section’s methodology on the execution of the system engineering process and practices are effectively utilized and implemented by the flight systems engineering team
- Availability for occasional domestic travel
- Be a self-motivated individual who can work independently, in a team environment, and lead a team
- Recent flight project implementation experience in the Fault Protection and Fault Management systems engineering discipline, responsible for key deliverables.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: systems engineering, aerospace engineering, system level testing and venues, and reliability trades/analyses
- Experience coordinating design efforts with partner organizations or vendors
- Must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Significant knowledge of the function and operation of spacecraft systems, subsystems, and instruments
- Extensive understanding in a wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts, designs, analyses, and techniques in autonomous space systems and fault protection resulting in contributions to the development of new theories and methods
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 9 years of professional work experience, or Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of professional work experience, or Ph.D with a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A