As an RF Microwave Engineer III you would be joining the JPL’s Instrument Electronics and Software Section, which provides leadership and unique world-class expertise in instrument electronics, programmable logic, and software and is also home to 40 engineers, scientists, and technicians specializing in developing microwave, submillimeter wave.
- Development of millimeter wave and submillimeter wave components for technology demonstrations and for suborbital and space-based instruments
- Development of operational and technology demonstration suborbital instruments.
- As part of interdisciplinary teams, develop concepts and architectural studies for future space missions to answer questions important to science and society.
- Development of space-based instruments for a variety of missions including climate and weather related measurements, such as ocean level rise and topography, incubation of hurricanes and climate feedback effects
- Perform analytic work, propose innovative concepts to technology research calls from various agencies and offices, and document work in technical reports.
- Support RF and microwave engineering tasks within the Microwave Systems Technology Group.
- Experience in the design of microwave/millimeter wave components including use of circuit/EM simulation software tools
- Experience presenting technical topics to engineers and scientists in team meetings and scientific conferences.
- Excellent analytical skills, with history of significant publications in the field. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with 6 years of related work experience; Masters in Electrical Engineering with 4 year of related work experience; Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with 2 years of related experience.
- Technical knowledge and background in advanced Radio Frequency (RF) design, analysis and testing as related to passive and active millimeter and submillimeter wave components and subsystems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A