Website Jumeirah Group
To assist the Financial Controller with supervision of day to day management of the Finance department and ensuring compliance to Jumeirah finance policies and procedures.
- To assist the Financial Controller with ad-hoc reporting, analysis and projects.
- To update the Capex tracker and review of various Capex related request.
- Analysing monthly profit & loss statement and support colleagues with any queries raised at monthly P&L reviews
- Ensure that month end commitments in terms of revenue finalisation, inventory, cost reporting and balance sheet accounts are completed in an accurate and timely manner and that all reporting deadlines for stake-holders are met
- To manage the quarterly external audit and associated reports as well as any interim internal audits by providing requesting information and co-ordinating the request with the team and auditors.
- To assist the Financial Controller in the annual budget and monthly forecasting process.
- Deputize for the Financial Controller and represent at various meetings with the general manager and operational head of department. Assist the Wild Wadi operations team with financial information, ad-hoc analysis, queries, etc. in a timely manner.
- To provide finance training as and when required both to the finance department and other departments.
- Daily review of income audit, purchase orders, general cashier reconciliation, preparation of bank reconciliation, etc.
- To assist with the completion of quarterly internal control checklist with the team.
- Full or part qualified accountancy qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of similar duties
- Good prioritisation skills and excellent attention to detail, coupled with the ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Experience of working in the hospitality or entertainment industry
- Ability to fill in for Financial Controller with timely solutions, problem solving
- Knowledge of developing financial controls, budgeting, financial reporting and month end close
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office including advanced Excel functionality
- High level of written and verbal business English.
- Excellent communicator and possess the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- System knowledge – Oracle ERP, Hyperion, HFM, VGS
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A